So, not much to report in the world of Dessie-Crons this week. It’s just been a busy one with photo-shoots and prep for Dungeons and Dragons etc.
I finished off my squad of warriors. It’s dark as I’m writing this so I don’t want to take pictures of them in crappy light (I’m a photographer by trade, and therefore a light-snob… sorry). I do however have some good shots of one of the guys all finished up.
I did take a shot at doing the destroyer blade with some pre-shading and overlay with Tesseract glow, you can see the results here. Truthfully I think I made a mess of it so I have since re-coated that blade with black and will look to revisit them in due course (suggestions as to how to do a half decent job on the bladed weapons are very welcome).
- PVA and sprinkle with sand and small rocks
- Let it all dry for a day
- Layer over watered down PVA
- Mournfang brown on all the dirt
- More PVA, leaving some patches bare
- Sprinkle on some classic flock
- Paint the rim black and done.
With all the minis up to the below standard I would now be ready to actually deploy them to the tabletop. That being said I still have plenty of details to do up on them. All the joints in the armour for starts, then all the red glows, weathering and random clean ups. It will all add up.