I didn’t get my post up in time for the end of #Junestealer, a month long event focused on Genestealers. I am still on a Xenos kick and in particular a Tyranid one. I want to try Orks again but until I can master a style as cool as this one from Dice and Demons, I will keep them on the long finger.
The models themselves
So my #Junestealer pledge is was 9 Genestealers, mainly as that is what I had built. But I never managed to get all 9 done, instead I finished up 6 of them, in Hive Fleet Clawesome colours.
The bases are a simple mix of PVA or white glue and various grades of sand and rocks. It is a simple process but I think it works and will match what is on my Haruspex. Then they got some static grass in patches, I wanted to avoid uniform coverage.
While I was at it I got out my Genestealer Broodlord to command them, it comes with a rectangular molded base. This required some disguising on the base. I used a Genestealer node to help fill out the base and then the same sand and rocks as the ‘Stealers to add some texture.